Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Puddles


Well, if you have been reading Jaclyn's blog then you all know that I am losing my best work buddy in about two weeks. I can't believe how many emotions are swirling through my head right now, after all, I have been so spoiled as to have a best friend sitting next to me for four years! I could not be more excited for the new step that she is taking. What an opportunity! Of course, I am also sad and certain that come Nov. 1st I will be a very lost insurance assistant. Despite that, I cannot help but to notice how God has used this change to fill both of us with such joy and anticipation of what he will do next. When she and I first met, I was so desparate for stability, purpose and truth. Now looking at where I sit, it seems so clear that God brought her to me "to accomplish what is now being done". Now, perhaps, He doesn't need her to watch over me from five feet away. He has strengthened me enough in Him to have her 30 miles away (from 8am-5pm). It is so very exciting and encouraging to see the work that He has done within both of us and our friendship. I walked into this office as a stranger and she is leaving as my sister. I'll miss her, but as always, she can't get rid of me that easliy : )
Love you, girl

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Dearest, Dearest Katie... your friendship cannot be compared to any other I have. You are special to me in a way that no one else on the face of this earth can be. Namely, how many people HAVE the honor of spending 16 hours at work together? The endless converstions we have had here have built the friendship we now hold so precious. I can say with confidence, though, that our relationship IS built on something besides this office. It will bring change, of course, but the fact that you are able to say all that you did in this post shows God will honor the continuation of what HE started! He is good that way. I pray that the adventure this will bring to us both will only cause our friendship to grow and become more solid.

I love you. I will miss you BEYOND imagination. I will miss the giggles, boy talks, flicks in the back of my head, God-exalting discussions, space exploration and popcorn eating.

Rest assured, you will NOT be getting rid of me that easy EITHER. You are my sister, apart of my family and one of the best friends a girl could ever have.

I love you!!!!

Dawn said...

Good grief! I don't even work there and I'm teary as if Jaclyn was leaving MY office! Interesting you should title this post "Puddles." I think of the fact that a stone has been thrown into Jaclyn's puddle to make an adventurous ripple...and her ripples are creating adventure in your own puddle, Katie. Who will fill that chair next to you now? How will you impact the office environment when she is gone? Lots of opportunity for you!

And hey, at least you got to spend 16 hours a week with her. Although I do admit, I am quite satisfied that it doesn't matter WHERE either of us go...because we're only a computer away. Hmm, but what of her chatting abilities in the new office??

It's exciting!

Anonymous said...

Well, hey, now that I know where your office is exactly, maybe I'll come take over the movie watching partner position that Jaclyn will vacate ;) Love you!